Sunday, July 6, 2008

Goodbye

This last week I left my first home in Saginaw, MI. With it I left my friends, who have become my family. Tom, Kate, Elizabeth, Amy, and all of the people who came in and out of my life during the first 20 weeks are now thousand miles away. It may be that I don’t remember each and every face or smile, but I will always remember the love and kindness directed at me. At any age, every positive thing adds to the richness of life. And friends - good friends - provide a depth that is unobtainable alone. To this end, I say goodbye to certain individuals who have been there since my beginning and have had a heavy influence on me.

Tom, thank you for letting me fall asleep on you. You are extraordinarily comfy and I will miss your funny faces. Even when I was forced upon you by schedules and opportunity, you handled it gallantly. Kate, you were always there to entertain me and tried to get me to be happy as much as possible. If I ever have the honor of having you put me to bed again, Then come kiss me, sweet and twenty. Elizabeth and Amy, without you, my parents would have left me alone in the house in a cardboard box, with only Lucy to look after me. You kept me safe, comfortable, and contented. I will hold on to your blankets and smiles for my whole life. And will forever be in your debt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Youth's a stuff will not endure.