Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My First Vacation


This last week I went to Grand Cayman with my Mom and Dad, Aunt Marian, Uncle Justin, Grandma Joan, and Grandpa Edgar, along with Mr. Tom’s and Ms. Kate's friends and family. The purpose of the trip was so that Mom and Tom could attend their MD graduation from St. Matthew’s University at the Ritz-Carlton on the island.

Truth be told, I really needed this vacation. You have no idea how hard it is being a baby. Honestly, people just look at you and think that all you do is sleep, poop, and eat -- but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Just imagine trying to learn to do everything from scratch. I have to mentally learn a new language (or a couple if my dad has anything to say about it), verbalize said language, and then be able to comprehend what I am saying at real-time speed. There’s that, plus still trying to understand everything else that is coming at me high speed. I’m building a personality, finding emotions, exploring the world, working on my coordination... It’s really, really hard. So as I was saying, I needed this vacation.

Over the course of the week we went to a bunch of different beaches, toured Grand Cayman’s capital of Georgetown, visited the Turtle Farm, Hell (an actual place in West Bay), a bunch of restaurants, East End, the National Reserve, and a wonderful private beach where everyone stayed. It was amazing. There were lots of people who did a good job of making sure that I barely got any sleep at all. And it was an experience that I will take a lot from. I am now back at home trying to recover from the last week. I posted the vacation pictures in the Week 11 Pictures section.

No comments: