Friday, January 29, 2010

Lub oo

A day doesn’t go by where I am not amused by the shocked faces of my parents and grandparents when I utter a new word. It is funny to watch them when I call their names when they walk in the room or shout bye and lub-oo when it is time for jammas. I can now say the names of many of the things in my room, around the house and out in the world. It is much easier to make them understand what I want, now that I can tell them. I let them know that I prefer to have the yogurt drink Keepur with my breakfast rather than juss, that I want to have a beam or a cookay rather than dinner, how much I would like to go see the copie take off and land, and particularly to stob it when they are trying to rearrange my lines of cars or steal bites of my dinner.

As my vocabulary increases I can also share with them what I see, hear and feel. I can tell Daddy when he gets home from work that I saw the copie land and fly, that I told them bye and that it was lello even though it was really red and blue. I can tell Papi that I want him to get the car with the mote or Bam-ma to get out the paints. Soon I will be talking in complete sentences and they will never get me to be quiet.

No comments: