Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Morning at the Botanical Gardens


This morning my Mom and Grandma Joan took me to meet some of my friends at the South Carolina Botanical Gardens that are at Clemson University. We met at the big red caboose that was donated to the park by the alumni. The older boys we climbing all over it and I can't wait till I am big enough to do the same. Once everyone arrived, I got in my stroller and we started walking. We walked under an arbor with a huge patch of gourds growing on one side. We also walked past many different kinds of trees like pine, maple and oak, as well as other plants like pansies, hostas, monkey grass and many others I don't know the names of. After we had walked for about an hour I got sick of being in the stroller and started to complain, loudly. Mom finally got the message and decided to carry me. She put me up on her shoulders for a little while and it seemed like I could see forever. After walking for a little longer we came to a pond that had ducks, turtles and fish. My friend's mom had packed some seed and bread so we could feed the animals and it was fun watching them all swarm around as we tossed the food to them. It had been two hours since we began our walk and I was tired and hungry. Mom fed me when we got back to the car and I slept all the way home.

No comments: