Saturday, February 23, 2008

Do Not Tap on the Glass


After my mom's water broke, I had a bowel movement. That stuff, we'll call it “fluid”, got into my lungs. It wasn’t until several hours after I was born before the doctors realized that there were some problems. I started coughing and breathing funny and they took me away from mom and dad. I spent the next four days in a little plastic box with tubes and stuff hooked up to me. During that time I was receiving oxygen and antibiotics while we waited for everything to clear and to make sure that there weren't any other problems. Gradually I was weaned off of them and did fine on my own. I am now clear of all tubes, drugs, and such and ready to come home. So in a couple of hours, a very short period of time, soon.. ..I'll be "home".

No comments: